I'm so happy how receptive radio is to this song. It may be slowing down in single sales but it's still gaining Audience Impression (AI) on the airwaves. Hopefully it has longer longevity and reach higher peaks than her previous No.1's.
Billboard Britney Spears Speeds Into Pop Songs Top 10
Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" becomes one of just seven songs to reach the Pop Songs top 10 in only two weeks, charging 16-10 with Greatest Gainer honors (5,601 plays, up 38%, with spins detected on all 130 reporting stations) on the Nielsen BDS-based radio airplay survey.
The song logs the speediest ascent to the top tier in more than six years:
Songs to Reach the Pop Songs Top 10 in Only Two Weeks
Artist, Title, Chart Move Into Top 10, Chart Date, Peak Pos.
- Britney Spears, "Hold It Against Me," 16-10, Feb. 5, 2011, tbd
- Eminem, "Just Lose It," 33-10, Oct. 16, 2004, No. 5
- 'N Sync, "Pop," 21-10, June 9, 2001, No. 5
- Madonna, "Frozen," 16-10, March 14, 1998, No. 4
- the Rembrandts, "I'll Be There for You," 22-10, June 3, 1995, No. 1, eight weeks
- Mariah Carey, "Dreamlover," 12-4, Aug. 21, 1993, No. 1, eight weeks
- Janet Jackson, "That's the Way Love Goes," 29-9, May 8, 1993, No. 1, nine weeks
More good news, MTV is doing a "secret Britney project" related to HIAM. Is this a feature about the making of the HIAM video? I freaking hope so! MTV please don't let it be another Top 10 countdown of her vidz.
They already wrapped up shooting the video and an on-set source described it as "a 21-century 'Rocky Horror,' space age fantasia of dance". I'm so pumped!
Thanks for entertaining us Smashney!